Gemma Gary/ Troy Books

A Troy Stone or Mazey Stone is a small rock with a labyrinthine pattern carved on the surface.  It's used access certain realms or Troys (spiritual worlds) through trance.  (I.e. Kynethel).
I'm interested in what Gemma Gary is writing because she is honest about her sources, old folklore and personal inspiration.  These are my sources somewhat, as well, although I do claim oral sources back to the 1920's to 1980's, like it or lump it.  I don't care one way or another, as East and Middle Tennessee, Virginia and North Carolina were different from the rest of the US and UK until the late 80's.


I can also tell you quite confidently, that North Carolina's folk spirit Ole' Buck is one and the same as Bucca Du and Bucca Gwid, in Cornwall, Puck in England, and Phooka in Ireland.  Ole Buck (North Carolina) and Bucca (Cornwall) both have to do with the beach (liminal space) and part of the sea...


Anyway:
http://www.troybooks.co.uk/traditional-witchcraft.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Almuten Figuris Calculator

Finnish "Werewolf song" L.E.A.F - SUURIN